WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone who is in a management or supervisory role. This course will help you develop your leadership style and effectiveness, examining leadership from these perspectives:
WHAT SKILLS WILL I GAIN FROM THE COURSE
You will gain an understanding and developing the skills and characteristics you have and how you use them in a number of different ways
What is leadership? – What is management?
– Role reflection exercise – management or leadership tasks
– The leadership role model – What kind of leader are you?
– The 6 Functions of a leader – levels of authority and responsibility to deliver
– The essential skills of leadership – Character traits and attitude of leadership
– John Adair’s Action Centred Leadership – Task, Team, and Individual needs
– Leadership Practices inventory
– Knowing and developing your style of leadership
– Leadership Styles
– Continuum of leadership styles
– Contingency Theory
– Stages of Team Development and the role of the leader
– Understanding and using empowerment
– The role of leadership in your organisation
– Your contribution to leadership
– Perception of leadership
– Personal action planning
How your leadership impacts on the organisation as a whole. Discover how to drive the organisational vision?
1 day– 9.00am – 17.00pm